Monday, December 27, 2010

Yet Another WoW Blog

I'm not new to blogging. I've been running my other blog, ThrawnOmega's Blog on the Gaming Life, for over 2 years now. Rather than confuse my core audience there with talk of a game they may not care about, I'm starting a different blog for discussion of World of Warcraft.

I aim for this blog to offer up my thoughts on the game, and MMOs as a whole genre. As someone with a Sociology degree, expect to see a fair amount of social commentary on the community of an MMO. I may even bust into more serious discussions about things like the Presentation of Self in Virtual Environments if I'm feeling motivated (and yes, I've done research on such things in the past.) Sometimes I may just journal about what I've been doing in game.

If you're looking for tips on how to play your class, strategies, or end-game advice, you've come to the wrong blog. I'm still a n00b. If you're looking for an educated take on a fictional universe, you're in the right place.

If you want to find me in-game, my main is named Unending (which conveniently matches the name of this blog) on the Uldum server. I play a Hunter. And yes, I'm a male playing a female toon. Gender representation in-game is a topic I shall cover in a future post. Probably later this week once I have some days off.

Greetings to the WoW Blogosphere. More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment